Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 15


Today I am Thankful for 

Reading

My son's 1st visit to a public library ! He was so cute and seems like yesterday. 

My son reading at the library for the 1st time.

Playing with puzzles.  


Reading is one of my passions. However, I don't get to read much for enjoyment as I did as a youth and a teenager. I do get to instill the love of reading in my son. We adventured to the library yesterday and sat in a big comfy chair for over an hour reading books that he would pull off the shelf. We picked out Christmas ( he wanted Halloween) books so we can begin to get in the Christmas spirt. I love holding my son and reading to him, answering his questions, and hearing him ask me to read to him again. His favorite time to read is at bed time. He usually gets fixated on a certain book for a while. He was in love with " Where The Wild Things Are" and now he has fell in love with " Larry and the Golden Gum Balls". It was actually a gift from one of his best pals for his birthday. I am  thankful for the ability to read, being able to share my love and passion to my son, and having books to chose from at the library, having a great source of books in our home, and the freedom to read what we choose. The greatest book is the Bible and I am thankful that I can pick it up anytime I wish and read it in my home as well. We have many things to be thankful for living in a country that we have freedoms and opportunities. I hope you have the time to read something and to someone today ! 

                     





What are you Thankful for today ? If you start a "30 days of Thanks" post on your blog, Facebook, or Twitter, let me know about it ! Each day this month I plan to post something that I am thankful for big or small. I hope that you too think of things in your life that you can also be thankful for. I hope that you will have a blessed experience ! 



Shalasha

You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shalasha, this brought back so many beautiful memories of taking my own children to the library and reading books to them again and again. To this day, both of them, as adults, still cherish reading. I am thankful for the written word, for times spent with family, for my novel soon to be on the market.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha- I am glad I brought back some great memories for you. I am so happy for you and your publication ! Reading can really open so many doors for people.

    Thank you for reading and sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete