Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Love your Spouse as they grow....


Can you say to your spouse “ I will love you now and as you grow and develop into all that God intends”?

It is natural for people to change as we develop throughout life. Some of these changes are brought upon by the stage of life you are in. For example, parenthood brings about new priorities and a different view of what is important in life.
In addition, God has a plan for us all. God does not always show us this plan at all once. To achieve the destiny that God has in store for us often we have to learn or earn our stripes. To become that person we need to be for God we will have to grow. Not all stages of growth are easy or beautiful. Some of those stages may have rocky waters.
God placed you with your spouse to be a helpmate and to love your and support your spouse during their spiritual growth.
In my own marriage I have had to face some rocky waters. I learned a great life lesson. I prayed for patience and God tested me with a difficult situation. Now I know that all things come in due time. In addition, life is bigger than you. It is about all those who are around us. Improving and enriching others brings about our own personal growth as well.
If your spouse has changed think about events, situations, or reasons why this change has occurred. Put yourself in your spouse’s shoes to understand their perspective. Embrace new ideas and goals. Support your spouse with encouragement and most importantly prayer.
When my husband first decided to attend medical school we were still in college and engaged. I didn’t think he would get accepted, after all the chances are so slim. I thought we would teach, live in our home county forever, and just have a normal life.
His acceptance letter came one month before we said I do. Two years of living apart, my motto was: “One day at a Time.” I have to tell you each of those days felt like a year.
Now my motto is: “ I will stand beside you and encourage you no matter how long or how far it takes us”.

My husband encourages my dreams and goals as well. In my goal to become a better educator I am pursuing a Master’s.
We take turns lifting one another. He listens, helps me figure things out, and watches our son while I type research papers. When I feel like I want to give in he reassures me that I am capable of getting it done.
The path that your marriage may lead may not be where you expected to go. Be flexible for God has been flexible with you. Communicate with your spouse your feelings and I am sure that they will understand your concerns. In communicating you can gain a better understanding of your spouse’s adapted goals.
The most important thing in your marriage is that you are working together. No matter how big or small your goals are, working together will create a bond. Love your spouse, as they become all that God intends for them to be.


Marriage is  a labor of  love, it takes work, time, and commit to allow it to grow.   I hope you are able to use these insights to create and/or maintain your "Loving Lasting Marriage". In addition, Pray together and Seek God together if you are seeking your Loving Lasting Marriage.

Shalasha

You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment