Saturday, October 27, 2012

Decision Making


An afternoon bustling my son to activities to keep us both occupied while Daddy worked. A stop at Barnes & Noble for trains and reading.  After two trips to the potty a book caught my eye so I scooped it up as my son toddled back toward the Kid’s section. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. It was such a great idea, an idea that I felt I needed.

Have you ever been stuck on a decision and can’t move forward because you don’t know what to do ? I sometimes feel that way and I’m sure that there are others that will agree that they do too. In ,“ The Rule of 10-10-10", Suzy Welch highlights the decision making process that has changed not only her life but also others.This is an article that explains the idea and how it can help those who need a nudge in their decision making process. 


I have some questions both big and small in my own life that I can see how this would be appropriate.  I think I will give this approach a run for a while. However, my main decision process has and will continue to be trusting in the Lord. 

I will continue to seek God’s advice in my life as well as his solutions for my situations.
These two scriptures highlight the importance of seeking God when making decisions.

“In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths” (Prov. 3:6)

“There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel; that will stand” (Prov. 19:21).

I think that one aspect of life that we all must embrace is that even when a life decision is the right decision it will not always be smooth.

If we decide to be a Stay at home Mom, some days we will be overwhelmed with a misbehaving toddler. If we decide to work, sometimes we will dread going to work.  These are the times that we should seek God and surround ourselves with his word and ask for guidance, comfort, and understanding.

How do you make the small and big decisions in your life?



Shalasha

You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.


No comments:

Post a Comment