Sunday, September 9, 2012

National Grandparents Day !


GRANDPARENTS
Grandparents bestow upon their grandchildren
The strength and wisdom that time
And experience have given them.

Grandchildren bless their Grandparents
With a youthful vitality and innocence
That help them stay young at heart forever.

Together they create a chain of love
Linking the past with the future.
The chain may lengthen,
But it will never part...

~Author Unknown~


I am blessed to still have both sets of my Grandparents with me. As the eldest Grandchild from both sides, I have had many years with my Grandparents. Growing up in a Southern Family I would have to brag that I have been able to eat some of the best food in the universe from my Grandmother's kitchens. Both of my Grandfather's have taught me that handwork is required to provide for your family. The greatest gift both sets of my Grandparents gave me as a child was the importance of a Christian lifestyle. I was also blessed to have both of my Grandmother's as my Sunday School teachers. I would get to take turns sitting with my Grandmother's during the service on Sunday mornings. I know that both sets of my Grandparents pray for me frequently. I cherish that most of all. In addition, both of my Papa's and Grandma's have also taught me the importance of "A Loving Lasting Marriage." Sometimes you may not get along, sometimes you may need some "me" time, but through it all with Christ you can conquer it all. My Grandmother advised me that as long as you still to your vows and have God in your life you can reach that 50+ years of Marriage.

I hope that you also have some good memories of your Grandparents. If they are still here use this time to reach out and let them know how important they are to you.



Prayer is important for all members of your family. I encourage you to Pray together and Seek God together if you are seeking your “Loving Lasting Marriage.



Shalasha

You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment